This will completely remove CFW from your device, including Boot9Strap and Luma3DS, for the purpose of restoring the device to stock.
Any unsigned (illegitimate) games will be rendered unusable and can be manually removed using the Data Management section of the System Settings. Use a save manager to backup any saves for these unsigned (illegitimate) games you care about.
This will not affect your NNID, any legitimately purchased games, or any saves for those legitimately purchased games.
Note that if you have any payload files other than
GodMode9.firm in the
/luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card, holding (Start) on boot will display a “chainloader menu” where you will have to use the D-Pad and the (A) button to select “GodMode9” for these instructions.
What You Need
- The latest release of GodMode9
Section I - Prep Work
- Power off your device
- Insert your SD card into your computer
GodMode9.firmfrom the GodMode9
/luma/payloads/folder on your SD card
- Copy the
gm9folder from the GodMode9
.zipto the root of your SD card
- Reinsert your SD card into your device
- Power on your device
Section II - Running Uninstall Script
- Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
- If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
- If you are prompted to fix the RTC date&time, press (A) to do so, then set the date and time, then press (A) to continue
- Note that, if you had to fix the RTC date and time, you will have to fix the time in the System Settings as well after this guide
- Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
- Select “Scripts…”
- Select “GM9Megascript”
- Select “Hax Options”
- Select “Un-install Hax”
- When prompted, press (A) to proceed
- Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl3) writing, then input the key combo given
- Press (A) to continue
- Press (B) to return to the main menu
- Select “Exit”
- Press (A) to relock write permissions if prompted
- Press (Start) to reboot your device
All custom firmware has been removed from your device.
You can now remove any extra files and folders from the root of your SD card that are not the
Nintendo 3DS or