Before starting this guide, we will see if custom firmware is already installed and check the current system version of your device.
Section I - CFW Check
- Power off your device
- Hold the (Select) button
- Power on your device while still holding the (Select) button
- If you do not see an unusual menu (e.g. “Luma3DS Configuration”), you may proceed to the next section
If you see an unusual menu, STOP - you already have custom firmware! Continue from here.
Section II - System Version Check
- Open the System Settings application
- Your system version will be displayed on the bottom right of the top screen (e.g. “Ver. 11.15.0-47U”)
Section III - Select a Method
Use the version table below to select a method. A few things to note:
- The version table below is inclusive. For example, “from 11.4.0 to 11.14.0” includes 11.4.0, 11.14.0, and all versions in between.
- Software versions do not work the same as decimals. Versions 11.10.0 and above are newer than 11.3.0, and are therefore not compatible with Soundhax.
- The number and letter after the system version are not important.
- No matter the method you follow, the end result is the same (boot9strap+Luma3DS custom firmware setup on the latest firmware).
|System Version||What to do|
|11.15.0 (latest version)||Seedminer|
|11.4.0 to 11.14.0||Update your 3DS to the latest version through System Settings|
|1.0.0 to 11.3.0||Installing boot9strap (Soundhax)|
If possible, you should follow one of the software methods listed above.
Otherwise, methods that work on all versions are available, but require additional hardware: