Different device models and versions will require different steps to achieve the end goal of boot9strap Custom Firmware. This page will help you find where to start for your device.
Click the image of your device to take you to the appropriate page. The colors of the devices in the image may vary, but note the button placement and features of each device carefully to ensure you select the correct one.
If you have already hacked your 3DS before and have an EmuNAND based CFW setup, just follow all instructions while on SysNAND. Replace any files that already exist. Your data will be transferred from EmuNAND to your new B9S install at the end. If you use menuhax, you should clear Home Menu’s extdata to remove it before beginning.
This page is for instructions on how to install boot9strap to a stock 3DS or 2DS. If you already have arm9loaderhax installed and are looking to update to boot9strap, follow A9LH to B9S.
Before starting, Windows users should enable the option to show file extensions using File Extensions (Windows)!
There have been reports of a wave of bans being handed out to CFW users by Nintendo. To protect yourself, please do the following steps before starting this guide:
- Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
- Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
- Exit the System Settings
- Go to your Friend List (the orange Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
- If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend List setting is either already disabled or your console cannot connect to Nintendo’s servers (due to a ban or connection issues)
- Go to the Friend List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
- Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
- Exit your Friend List
|New 3DS or New 2DS||Old 3DS or Old 2DS|