For support in English, ask for help at Nintendo Homebrew on Discord.
If you appreciate this guide, we accept Donations.
This page prepares consoles with an existing modern boot9strap installation for reinstallation of custom firmware applications. It can also be used in the event of a lost or corrupted SD card.
What You Need
- The latest release of Luma3DS
Section I - Prep Work
- Insert your SD card into your computer
boot.firmfrom the Luma3DS
.zipto the root of your SD card
- The root of the SD card refers to the initial directory on your SD card where you can see the Nintendo 3DS folder, but are not inside of it
- Reinsert your SD card into your device
Section II - Configuring Luma3DS
- Turn on your device
- You should now see a Luma3DS configuration menu
- Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
- “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
- Press (Start) to save and reboot